In the year 1930, there were only few Malayalee Christian families in Madras who hailed from the Travancore Cochin Anglican Church from Travancore. In those days they had only Tamil and English church services to attend on Sundays. They had a great desire to attend a Malayalam service on Sunday at Madras. At that time they heard that some of the senior priests from Travancore were attending the synod meeting in July 1930, at Madras. As per that news, they were able to approach them and conduct the Malayalam service for the first time in October 1930 at Madras at the Zion church at Chindarapet. It gave them immense joy and happiness spiritually and mentally. In between they formed The Travancore Cochin Anglican Church Association. In 1934 Rev. Corfield was ordained as Bishop of Travancore, Diocese of Madras.
There after worship service were conducted with the help and support of many priests such as Rev. C.K Jacob (Later Bishop), Arch Deacon T.K Benjamin, Arch Deacon P.C Korah, Rev. C.K John, Rev. P.J Joshua and other priests. Their valuable services cannot be forgotten.
In order to conduct regular service from 1947 with the active service of Doctor, (late) Dr. P.V Cherian and the untiring effort of (Late) M.C Chandy. We were able to start regular services at Christ Church Mt.Road with Dr. P.V Cherian as president and M.C Chandy as Secretary with five member committee.
They were able to conduct the services at Christ Church for nearly 25years. During that period great service were rendered by (Late) K.M. Koshy and (Late) Dr. P.O Oommen. Besides many other leaders were there to organize and to the conduct the services at Christ Church.
At that period, there was a struggle to give the monthly salary on time to the serving Priests and also to provide proper accommodation for them. Besides they had to wait at The Christ Church to start Malayalam service after the English service. Due to their ardent prayer and sacrifice they were able to make a parsonage at the St. Andrews Compound at Egmore in the year of 1960 by the grace of God.
After this they had a great desire to have a church of their own. All the members including the youth of the day contributed their mite and also got financial help from the friends and relatives in and outside of the church. At last they were able to build a church of their own along with all necessary accessories at a cost of more than 20 lakhs in the year 1973. For this great venture the one who made great sacrifices and took the initiative was the (Late) Rt. Rev. Dr. Sam Mathew. He was assisted by many stalwarts including the youth members. As a result we were able to conduct our regular services in this Holy Trinity Church, Vepery, Chennai.
We were also able to construct the social service centre during the period of Rev. Abraham Varkey who worked hard to collect funds for the same. It was completed in the year 1984.
Our Bishop & Presbyters:
Rt. Rev. Dr. Malayil Sabu Koshy Cherian
Rev. Lino S John
Rev. Jose R Chennerkara
The present church committee was formed in the year 2023 and it works under the leadership of our Presebyters, Secretary, Warden & Treasurer.